- Ph.D. in Physics, (Most Outstanding PhD Student (College of Science), Edgardo Gomez Award for Excellence in Dissertation Research, Batch Valedictorian), University of the Philippines Diliman
- Master of Science in Physics, (Most outstanding MS student (College of Science), Batch Valedictorian), University of the Philippines Diliman
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, (Magna cum Laude, Dean’s medallion, Best Thesis), University of the Philippines Diliman
Professional and Academic Experience
- Senior Scientist and Capability Group Manager (CGM) of the Complex Systems (CxSy) Capability Group, Computing Science Department, Institute of High Performance Computing, A*STAR, Singapore (founding CGM, August 2013-present)
- Adjunct Senior Research Fellow, Complexity Institute, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. (October 2015-present)
- Principal Investigator, Complex Systems Programme, A*STAR Urban Systems Initiative (2012-present)
Affiliations, Awards, and Honors
- 2020 Academician by the National Academy of Science and Technology
- 2016, Country Prize Winner (Singapore), United Nation Global Pulse's The Big IDEAS Competition for Sustainable Cities and Urban Communities, June 2016. EF Legara, C Monterola, JF Valenzuela.
- 2016, SMRT Most Innovative Solution Award, IHPC (from CxSy MA Ramli, V Jayaraman, G Lee, C Monterola), SMRT Vendors'; Day, 30 March 2016.
- 2014, ICCS Best Workshop Paper. N Othman, EF Legara, V Selvam, C Monterola, "Simulating Congestion Dynamics of Train Rapid Transit using Smart Card Data," International Conference on Computational Science, Cairns, Australia, 9-12 June 2014.
- 2013, IEEE SCALE Challenge. First Prize Winner. H Kasim, T Hung, EF Legara, C Monterola, G Lee, X Li, BS Lee, S Lu, L Wang, and V Jayaraman, "Scalable Complex System Modeling for Sustainable City," Sixth IEEE International Scalable Computing Challenge (SCALE 2013), Delft, Netherlands, 14-16 May 2013.
- 2009-present, Conferred the scientist rank 1 by the University of the Philippines System
- 2008-2012, University of the Philippines Centennial Professorial Chair