- Doctoral Candidate, Harvard Business School, Cambridge, Boston, USA. Focus on Marketing
- Master in Business Administration (International Business), Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Bachelor of Accountancy, First Class Honours, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Awarded Mendaki Prize for Academic Excellence.
Professional and Academic Experience
- Managing Partner, Rekanext Venture Capital Partners Pte Ltd (May 2017-Current). Manage a Singapore-based Venture Capital firm focused on a portfolio of technology ventures targeting at the Southeast Asian markets. Responsibilities include raising investible funds from General and Limited Partners (GP/LP), sourcing and managing dealflows, analyzing and assessing deals, conducting due diligence, deploying funds, oversight of management of portfolio companies, and executing exit strategies via IPOs/M&As.
- Consultant, Asian Development Bank (ADB) (February 2017 – Current). Advise the Marketing Communications team at the Office of the Auditor General, ADB on strategic and digital marketing matters for their outreach initiatives targeted at the internal audit offices of the governments of developing countries.
- Principal Consultant, Mach Partners LLC (2005 – Current). Management Consulting. Engagements: Marshall Cavendish Corporation; Indonesian consumer goods distributor; Singapore automotive products distributor; Medical Equipment manufacturer in New York; High-end restaurant group venturing into New York; Eco-Tourism Resort in Thailand.
- Principal Consultant, 3R Consulting Services Inc (2015 - Current). Professional Development services for teachers/educators in the USA.
- US Representative for AEP Investment Management (2014-2015). Deals Origination and Review for Real Estate fund management company
- Account Director, Taproot Foundation (2005 – Current). Management Consulting services for not-for-profit organizations and NGOs. Clients: Columbia University’s Community Impact; Council for the Environment of New York City; Community Voices Heard; Family Life Academy
Charter School (the Bronx).
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Marketing, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University (2007 – Current). Consistently named as a member of “Club 6.0”, a recognition given only to the highest performing faculty in the Marketing Department.
- Managing Director/Principal Consultant, ARIA Consulting Pte Ltd (Oct 2001 – Nov 2005). Clients: Schering; Elite Models; Microsoft; Merial Pharmaceuticals; Spring Singapore; NTUC; Singapore National Employers Federation; Food Manufacturers’ Association, Singapore Sports Council,
Spinn Media Production Company; Intense Animation Studios; Fig & Olive Cafes.
- Adjunct Lecturer, School of Accountancy and Business, Nanyang Technological University (2002 – 2005)
- Deputy CEO and Chief Marketing Officer, TradeOneAsia, Singapore (2000 -2001)
- Senior Consultant, Monitor Company, Asia Pacific (1999 – 2000). Clients: Leading Global Market leader in carbonated soft drinks in the Philippines; Mining company in South Africa; Alcoholic beverages company in Singapore; Heavy Industries Conglomerate in Singapore; elecommunications
company in Hong Kong; Private Equity company in South Korea.
- Consultant - Andersen Consulting (now known as Accenture), Singapore (1994-1995)
- Finance Executive/Administrative Officer – Singapore Airlines, Singapore (1992 - 1994)
- Marketing and Project Executive (Concurrent with undergraduate studies) – Pantomime Music and Entertainment Company, Singapore (1990 –1992)
- Lieutenant, Singapore Armed Forces, Singapore (1987 - 1989)